nourish.NJ creates lasting solutions to the problems of hunger, homelessness and poverty. We offer food, housing, work readiness, medical, social and educational services 365 days a year in a warm, safe and caring environment, free of charge, no questions asked.
In 2020, we distributed 750,000 pounds of food for our guests to take home, and connected our guests with:
- Mental health counseling
- Substance abuse outreach
- Outreach to veterans
- Employment counseling and an Annual Job Fair
- Housing and daily living assistance such as accessing food stamps
- Nursing consultations and health screenings
- Emergency assistance for food, clothing and basic necessities
- English as a Second Language classes and translation services
Our Free Farmer's Markets provide fresh fruit, vegetables, dairy items and meat for guests to take home multiple times a week. Many mothers with young children come each week to pick up fresh items to cook healthy meals for their families.